We offer a complete range of repairs for guitar, bass, mandolin, banjo, and ukulele. No job is too big or too small, and indeed sometimes the more challenging a job is, the better.
Our owner John Davis has over 30 years of experience; repairing and restoring guitars is his passion! He oversees a small and elite force of crack luthiers in his Red Hill workshop.
Situated in the inner west of Brisbane, our staff are ready to administer their care and skills to the repair of your beloved instruments.
Our shop philosophy is very simple:
We pride ourselves on our high quality standards, customer service and fast turnaround
We guarantee the quoted price
18 Month warranty on all services
Watch us while we work
Call us now on (07) 3368 1833.
Repairs – an introduction
There is a vast array of problems guitars can face over the years, from small buzzes and tonal deficiencies, to broken or failing components.
This is all normal. The good news is that we’ve seen everything before, and we know how to fix it! We will usually be able to explain the source of the problem to you right away and offer the best solution or solutions, as well as quoting for the repair.
This is where we really shine. We regularly restore guitars – some over 100 years old, and the improvements we can bring about are incredible.
There are very few instruments which are beyond saving. The good news is that older guitars have a lot of potential for great tone because of the aged wood, and the manufacturing techniques employed.
If you have an old instrument which hasn’t been played in years, bring it in, we’d love to see it. We will be able to advise you on its restore-ability, and what you can expect from it once we’ve worked our magic.
What we offer
Below is a broad list of our services – with links to articles with more detail about particular services, often with stories and anecdotes about different guitars.
For all enquiries please get in touch, we’re here to help.
- Splining and re-gluing of breaks and cracks
- Headstock repair
- Neck removal and reset
- Bridge and bridgeplate repair and restoration
- Fret dress
- Replacing any and all parts
- Custom and replacement nuts
- Hand made brass bridgepieces
- Truss rod replacement/pinning
- Level and recrown
- Replacing any and all electrical components
- Series /parallel wiring setups, pickup replacement
- Input jack and selector switch repairs
- Shielding and grounding solutions
- Acoustic amplification
- Action height adjustments
- Compensated nuts
- Intonation adjustments
- Nut and saddle height and radius
- String rake and anchor point tension
- Pickup height and calibration
- Any tweaks, mods and fine tune adjustments needed to have your guitar play with optimal tone and comfort.
Call (07) 3368 1833 or email Info at guitarrepairers.com
The Guitar Repairers, for guitar repair Brisbane.